- This event has passed.
(2 of 3) Career Development Training: Fundamentals of Personal Finance: Obtaining Financial Stability
November 6, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am UTC-8Free
DeviceAlliance’s Young Professionals Committee Presents the 2021 Level 2 workshop series for Career Development Training.
Workshop 2: Fundamentals of Personal Finance: Obtaining Financial Stability
This is Part 2 of 3 for the Level 2 workshop series. YPC of DA is excited to partner with Rebecca Lim of Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc for a 90-minute workshop on personal finance to ensure that our young professionals are money savvy and aware of their options to obtain financial stability. This workshop will be followed by limited 30-minute financial advising by our speaker.
Topics covered include:
- Middle class vs the Wealthy (what they do differently)
- 6 steps to financial independence
- Financial concepts: When to start saving, the Rule of 72
- Building a sustainable savings and ways to invest money: Defining retirement fund and the different options (Roth, Traditional, 401k, etc)
- Impact of market risk
- How money gets taxed
- Date: Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Time: 10:00AM-11:30AM
- Location: Zoom link available upon RSVP
Thank you to our partners and collaborator for investing in the next generation of Medtech leaders.